Did you guys know that you are awesome? I have been LOVING the e-mails that many of you have been writing me about reaching your fitness goals, and how I have inspired you to get back at things. Several of you have been asking me how I get a defined core. So, I have decided to start a new series called 'Workout Wednesdays' where I will film myself doing one of the circuits that I often do with my Personal Training clients or Bootcamp members. I know it can be hard to get back into exercising, but hopefully this will inspire you do keep at it. This is an advanced circuit, but don't let that scare you, I promise you can make it through, and that if you do this circuit three times a week, you will start getting that rockin' core you are striving for!
When it comes to some gym motivation, I love looking cute at the gym. I think when you feel good about the way you look, you have more confidence to get in the gym and work your cute little bum off. So I put together a few things that I have been reppin' at the gym lately. What motivates you to get to the gym?
Workout Wednesday Gear of the Week by pittsburghprep featuring nike
1. Asic's Zip-Up Running Hoodie. I love zip-up warm up sweats. I am naturally freezing all the time (unless I'm mid-workout) so anything that keeps me loose during my workout and is easy to remove works well for me.
2. Nike Shirt. I love shirts that are motivating. What is more motivating than Nike's classic slogan...Just Do It? Stop making excuses.
3. Kettle Bells. They rock. My bootcamp uses them on a nightly bases. They are great for high intensity/full body workouts (I will show ya one some Wednesday).
4. Ironman Timex Watch. I love mine. I can wear it in the pool, on my runs, and use it a ton when I am timing my speed-work intervals, or keeping a class I teach on track. My watch has a heart rate monitor with it, and will beep at me when I am not in my target heart rate zone. It's so annoying that sometimes I work harder so it doesn't beep at me.
5. Nike Crop Capris. Listen, I have always been a running shorts person. I have a tiny waistline and muscular legs, so capris never fit me right because they are always too loose in my waist. These Nike ones fit me perfectly, and I think they are a cute girly accent you can rock when at the gym.
6. Yoga mat. How many times do you go to a gym and there are gross people all over the exercise mats? If I'm at a huge gym and don't know the last time something has been cleaned, I whip out my own yoga mat. That way I can ensure I am not contracting someone else's skin disease. Ewww.
7. Nike Sports Bra. Colorful sports bras are so fun. You can always see a little bit of yours if wearing a tank top. Why not wear a cute one?
8. Asics Gel Kayano 18 Running Shoes. These are my babies. We ran the Pittsburgh Marathon together. I have flat feet, and the Asic Kayanos have the perfect amount of stability that correct my over-pronating flat-fooded stride. I used to struggle with shin splints, but since I have been rockin' these digs (for four years now) I have had zero problems.
9. Running Socks. I love em. I especially love my Injini Toe Socks, but I highly recommend investing in a few pairs of breathable, padded, running socks. They feel so much better than normal athletic socks.