For those that know me, know I am a huge sucker for bow ties. They are just a party. Any guy who wants to stand out in an obnoxiously classic and fun way will rock a bow tie. I am jealous that men get to wear them...I want one!
I was reading back through my past posts, and decided it was about time to write about my most beloved men's accessory again. So, I did a little research, and picked out my favorite bow ties from different preppy companies shown below:
(Photo Credits: Starboard Clothing Co., Carolina Cotton Bow Ties,
Anchored Style, High Cotton Ties)
- Kau'i by Carolina Cotton Bow Ties has a great color combination. For those gents who rock colored chino pants, this bow tie can be worn in both the summer and winter months...just match it with a pair of red chinos in the winter, or a pair of light pink/green in the winter. Match made in heaven.
- Flying Scot reversible bow tie from High Cotton Ties is a perfect summer bow tie that combines classic gingham with a summer plaid. Now who is ready for summer so they can wear this guy?
- Lenox Flannel bow tie from High Cotton Ties is strictly a winter tie. I love bow ties that utilize different fabrics other than just cotton, and this is a perfect example. Change of the texture of a bow tie to a winter fabric, add a winter plaid, and you have the perfect Christmas bow tie (a little late this year)!
- Whale Golf Club bow tie by Vineyard Vines, is perfect for those Bubba Watson wanna-bes who have casual summer events they are planning to attend. I love how VV took their classic whale logo and stuck it on the ends of the golf clubs. I'm sold.
- Andrew Howard Tattersall Beau by Starboard Clothing Co. is quite possibly my favorite beau of the bunch. I am obsessed with pink and green...ya ya...you may be too, but not like me...come to my house and I will prove it to you. The combination of my two favorite colors in a tattersall pattern. The sky is the limit with what you can pair this bow tie with.
- CPL. Spires Digital Camo Beau is a Special Edition beau by Starboard Clothing Co., and is one of the beaus I have actually purchased as a gift in the past. It is perfect for any military gent who likes to add a little flare to his wardrobe. The duck cloth that this bow tie is made out of, gives it a unique feel and look. Additionally, part of the profits made from this beau is given to the Wounded Warrior Project. A patriotic-inspired beau that supports are military? Love the concept.
- Navy Signal Flag Woven Bow Tie by Anchored Style is perfect for all those sailors or nautical-living gents who lean towards a clean-cut look when picking their bow ties. Signal flags on a woven tie gives this bow tie a classic All-American feel.
Gents, don't be shy...try a bow tie!
(I am sitting here laughing at my own little cheesy rhyme I just made...seriously I can't stop...ahh I crack myself up.)
But really, if you want to win a girls initial approval (at least this one's) give one a try!
What is your favorite bow tie?
Have a blessed day y'all!